Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bangalore-ed!

My resolution to be more dilligent with blogging doesn't seem to be working well. Ditto for weekend travels and photo shoots for atleast the first half of the year. Except for a late night shoot on Bangalore roads from 11 p.m after a half day team outing where super enthusiastic office folks insisted on playing a knock out cricket tournament. Times like this I wonder if I were a sadist.

Work on weekdays more than compensates for the lack of significant activity over the weekends though. Of all the quirky emoticons on Sametime messenger, I particularly fell for this one:






What I did manage to do,however,is to plan my trip of the year. I am off to Ladakh again in August, this time for a trek to Chamser Kangri situated near Tso Moriri coupled with plans to do a Leh Manali roadtrip. Didn't imagine I would be going back to Ladakh again this soon!

Also, gradually realizing I am pretty hooked to Bangalore.Love the superb weather, the prospective eating out options (several of them still remain unexplored) and the general enthusiastic junta up for travel or photography. Great options to catch up with theater at Rangashankara. I did manage to catch a play -The interview; well executed with brilliant comic timing.

Traffic is bad, but so is the story for every other Indian city. Staying close to office helps.I am generally flummoxed with a lot of Bangalore traffic signals at crossings though, or maybe it is just the naivette of a novice driver speaking.I also managed to lose my way driving back from Forum to home (eeks! horrid sense of direction). Absolutely hate the night curfew, what with pubs and restaurants closing down at 11 p.m. Also, the perils of going through the breathalyzer test if you are driving back at night forced me to settle for a single pina colada when I caught up with a friend at a nice pub over the weekend .Reasons why I prefer my house serving up as the team party place on occasional weekends:-)!

3 comments:

  1. Good to read something. However "Reasons why I prefer my house serving up as the team party place on occasional weekends:-)!", when are you going to invite me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Nandoo's Peri Peri on MG Road sometime. Love the all chicken menu there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay;-), one more in that huge list of eating out places.

    ReplyDelete