Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Eat Drink Replay

'One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating' - Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story




And so I did. A series of weekends spent over..well, food! From brewpubs to midnight dinners. A short recollection of my new epicurean discoveries in Bangalore:


Toit: The long pending photo club lunch at Toit , Indiranagar. Bengaluru's apna microbrewery.Quirky beer names. Mine was called Tintin. For the more adventurous. there is a spicy beer ! Food is good too, especially starters. My pasta in pesto sauce was a little too cheesy to finish though. Perfect for a lazy Saturday lunch. I wish they had a place to crash after the beer and the food though..yawwwwn!


Citrus, The Leela: A weekend buffet lunch with a dear old friend visiting Bangalore. You may find it difficult to tear yourselves away from starters and salad section to the main course. Incredible selection of cheese. Absolutely not to miss, the fresh baked thin crust pizzas. And heavenly desserts!


Jamavar, The Leela: An ambience to die for. I think. Wouldn't matter if the food was not good enough:-). Not that it wasn't. We stuck to a simple dinner of Appam and Pachakari stew after our weekend eatathon. Worth a revisit simply for the ambience. And to do better justice to the menu:-)


French Loaf: One breakfast place with ample choice of fresh breads and vegetarian fare for breakfast , apart from the  standard English breakfast that a couple of other places in the same vicinity like The Hole in the Wall in  offer. My toast and herb omlette was quite ordinary, but I loved my friend's onion mushroom sandwich. That's some compliment for vegetarian fare!


Biso,Citrus Hotel: A saviour if you are working late and want to pop across the street from work to catch up on a midnight dinner. Limited menu but my chicken alfredo pasta was not too bad. There is a fair Indian spread for the midnight dinner. Also serves beer. Avoid the steaks. Oh, and for desserts, try the Bull's eye:-)


To more epicurean pleasures, Bon Apetit!







2 comments:

  1. U missed Esplanade! Worth a mention, if not for anything else, then the Aum Kashundi begun!;D btw, a bong friend has happily consented to be my knight in the shining armour and procure kashundi for me from CR Park. I love friends!:D:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because Esplanade is not a new discovery , been there a couple of times. Btw, my mom wanted to know if you tried making that recipe:)

      Delete